Carbon / GHG Accounting and LCAs
WES provides certified carbon accounting and auditing for organizations and individual projects. WES staff includes Certified Carbon Reduction Managers, which are adept at not only accurately assessing greenhouse gas emission profiles, but also at identifying cost effective, efficient, and sustainable ways to meet the carbon reduction goals of our clients.
WES staff also routinely provides Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and modeling of life cycle greenhouse gas emissions for projects, programs, and CI scores.
Alternative and Renewable Energy
WES provides engineering and economic study, financing consulting, grant writing, design, project & construction management, commissioning, and measurement verification for:
- Thermal Energy Decarbonization
- Clean Transportation / Fleet Consulting
- Anaerobic digesters/systems for manure and food waste management and energy (CHP, RNG)
- Energy efficiency and waste heat capture (thermal/electrical system audits, thermal chillers, industrial heat pumps, flue gas condensation systems, ORC systems, etc.)
- Biomass systems for thermal and electric (district energy, combined heat and power (CHP))
- Biomass crop production and processing, camolina, switchgrass, miscanthus, hybrid willow / poplar
- Biomass densification facilities
- Solar thermal and solar PV
- Small-scale wind