Job Location: Meadville, PA; Charlotte, NC
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of electrical and computer engineering concepts, and the ability and interest to engage in projects across the electrical, mechanical, and energy engineering disciplines. Through this internship, you will be part of a team working on projects such as energy audits, renewable thermal feasibility studies, process controls, automated data acquisition, boiler combustion analysis, bulk material handling, and MEP design. WES has recently developed and deployed an IIoT platform which is targeted towards institutional and industrial energy users, and you will have the opportunity to contribute to feature development and system administration of this exciting new technology.
- Assist staff engineers in schematic design, building cost analysis, construction documents, specifications and materials, and code research.
- Drafting of CAD drawings and system schematics.
- Development of engineering models under the guidance of staff engineers, using Excel.
- Assistance with reports, presentations, and other client deliverables.
- System administration and feature development of WES’s custom IIoT platform.
- Provisioning and deployment of IIoT devices for new and existing customers.
- Completed sophomore or junior year in ABET accredited engineering curriculum
- Major in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of, or ability and interest to learn, computer technologies and programming languages including:
- Red Lion Controls – Crimson
- IP Networking / Routing
- Scripting Languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
- Data Communications (FTP, MQTT, MODBUS, BACnet)
- Must be willing to perform a wide array of project development tasks and activities including:
- Data analysis
- Writing reports
- System design
- Development of drawings
Wilson Engineering Services, PC is an equal opportunity employer.