Job Location: Meadville, PA; Charlotte, NC
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering concepts, and the ability and interest to engage in projects across the electrical, mechanical, and energy engineering disciplines. Through this internship, you will be part of a team working on projects such as energy audits, renewable energy feasibility studies, process controls, automated data acquisition, boiler combustion analysis, bulk material handling, and MEP design.
- Assist staff engineers in schematic design, building cost analysis, construction documents, specifications and materials, and code research.
- Drafting of CAD drawings and system schematics.
- Development of engineering models under the guidance of staff engineers, using Excel.
- Assistance with reports, presentations, and other client deliverables.
- System administration and feature development of WES’s custom IIoT platform.
- Provisioning and deployment of IIoT devices for new and existing customers.
- Completed sophomore or junior year in ABET accredited engineering curriculum.
- Major in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of or interest in learning computer technologies such as Linux, Python, MQTT, Modbus, and BACnet.
- Must be willing to perform a wide array of project development tasks and activities including:
- Data analysis
- Writing reports
- System design
- Development of drawings
Wilson Engineering Services, PC is an equal opportunity employer.